UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Which is the most expensive record u have received and arrived broken?

3x German Yardbirds EPs in the same parcel and sent inside Sweden, this was in the 80´s and all 3 broken.

The German Y-birds eps are very rare.

"Bull of the woods" from Funhouse records in the UK 1978 arrived in 2 pieces, ok not that rare but this was an orig and back in those days much sought after.

Fe-Fi-Four Plus 2 - I wanna come back(from the world of LSD) orig and VERY RARE, now goes for up to $1000.
Came broken in lots of pieces.

Re: Which is the most expensive record u have received and arrived broken?

i have been lucky. none broken so far. i am an ex postman.

Thankfully, not much. I nearly had a package with £300 and a copy of the Aquarian Age 45 go missing once. It went missing in the system for around 5 weeks.

I also had a copy of the Still Life 45 turn up horribly bent because the postman tried to fold it up to put it through the letter box. Amazingly, I managed to iron it flat and it plays fine.

I'd still be weeping about that Fe Fi Four 45...

Last year on two occasions from diff sellers i received two 6ts 45s from the US where the records was sent w/o those white sleeves so they were simply stuck between two cardboards WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Ouch! That's not good. I haven't ever gotten a broken record. Maybe the corner creased or something for an lp is the worst. Had to wait a long time for a record that took a detour from Greece through Australia before reaching the US. It was a wayward lp, but it finally made it.

Email  

I still find it frustrating that so many sellers in this day and age still do not remove the vinyl from the outer sleeve before packing. Hence sleeves arrive 'slitted' or seam damaged on occasion due to the record moving inside the sleeve in transit.

Only vinyl I ever received broken (touch wood) was Dutch picture sleeve edition of Iron Virgin's 'Rebel's Rule' (junk shop glam 45). It seems Euro sellers often use very light card mailers and don't always include card stiffner as in this case. US sellers conversely I have always found are much hotter on the packaging.

PM

Email  

Only one-the Eire Apparent album which arrived with a crack from the label to the edge. Packaging was average, to say the least.

Email  

English sellers have these light card mailers esp. for 45s but usually they incl a card stiffner.

part of prob is buyers dont want to pay extra postage to have extra packaging..postage is becoming expensive these days especially to states austria seems to be the place where stuff goes adrift

Email  

Quote: twosheds phil
part of prob is buyers dont want to pay extra postage to have extra packaging..postage is becoming expensive these days especially to states austria seems to be the place where stuff goes adrift

Mmmmm.... If even places like Austria or Germany (usually precise and meticolous) are going adrift, well... we're all in a mess!

Email   deleted   Website