UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
START THE PRESSES: HOW VINYL PRODUCTION WAS REINVENTED FROM THE GROUND UP

https://www.digitaltrends.com/music/vinyl-production-rebirth/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DT:%20Brief%20Daily%202017-06-25&utm_term=DT%20Newsletter%20-%20Daily%20Subscribers

Re: START THE PRESSES: HOW VINYL PRODUCTION WAS REINVENTED FROM THE GROUND UP

Thanks Paul, that's very interesting. It makes me wan to fire up my old unreliable turntable again.

By the way, is there such a thing as a mid-range all in one stereo record player set up anymore? It seems to be either the cheap, tinny retro-designed record players with built in cdr burners and 3 watt speakers at one end or high-end stand alone audiophile equipment at the other with nothing in between. I have a record deck on top of a all in one amplifier and tape deck and a separate CD player under that. Probably about £350 form Curries in 1988 but it's really knackered now as are the replacement parts I kept getting for it.

I would have thought any progress in the increased take up of vinyl would also depend on affordable and reasonable quality stereo rigs being made again as well. You'll soon hit a saturation point if it's only audiophiles who are buying it.

PM