UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Trivia Quiz - Longest song title

Without googling, what do you think is the longest ever song title?

Re: Trivia Quiz - Longest song title

Didn't know so did google and even then you can come up with plenty of different opinions and answers.

Email  

"Sir B. McKenzie's Daughter's Lament for the 77th Mounted Lancers Retreat from the Straits of Loch Knombe, in the Year of Our Lord 1727, on the Occasion of the Announcement of Her Marriage to the Laird of Kinleakie" by Fairport Convention

Quote: STEVESSTUFF
Without googling, what do you think is the longest ever song title?

Good one, Keith at 38 'words'. My one was a mere 23 - 'Riding a black unicorn down the side of an erupting volcano while drinking from a chalice filled with the laughter of small children.' - Voltaire.

Mr WW - The idea is what you think, not what you know, so I did say without googling. Even with googling you didn't figure it out!

The longest one - probably - is much much longer.

Any advances on 38?

Fairport's was the B side of a 1970 single 'Now Be Thankful'. They did it deliberately to get in the Guinness Book of Records, which they did at the time.

Apparently they have since been beaten by Test Dept's "Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk of Human Kindness".

I think that is now the longest - unless anyone knows better!

As I said, I didn't know, but here's a bib list

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiu54HJxu_UAhVKHpQKHeXDBZYQFggvMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fklck1400.com%2Fseeing_is_believing%2F2933&usg=AFQjCNE6vNe5cYTw9tWxXPSkmszGbryzhA

Email