UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone help me with these lyrics, please - Gary Higgins - When I Was Young ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsa5wFergw

My ears are not so sharp these days. Please listen and correct any mistakes I've made trying to get the lyrics to this lovely song! Anyone helping me with this is elevated to Buddha status instantly and will live eternally in bliss! [maybe]*

I've got a song to play
It goes on all day
It makes me feel just like a kid when I was young

I've got a tear to cry
It flows from your eye
It trickles down your cheek and lands on my guitar

How long can I take this?
I'm not very strong
I'm not gonna hang out here and I know
If I lose my grip stars will fade and point me to the grounds

She thinks I'm crazy
I guess she wants to wait
She says she'll take me down
To my own doctor's couch

She'll ask me for a date
If I'm still hearing things
I answer proudly, yes,
Ah, can I hear some more?

How long can I take this?
I'm not very strong
I'm not gonna hang out here and I know
If I lose my grip stars will fade and point me to the grounds

I've got a tear to cry
It's not from my eye
Because I feel just like when I was young
A tear when I was young.

* Well, OK, maybe, but if I was you I wouldn't count on it. There's no pie in the sky when you die - just good karma if you do something decent now, like listen to the song and correct any mistakes i made getting the lyrics! Still, you probably won't get to any heaven anyway, as far as I can see, it's an illusion.
Further discussions on the futility of belief in what you don't know but you just choose to believe would be most welcome, regardless of what you do or don't believe. I'm agnostic, meaning in regards to any god, 'i don't know if any god exists' [literal explanation of agnostic] Probably gonna be considered an inappropriate topic here, so just message me here with your email and we can chew the cud on this topic away from UKPDF if you wanna talk about any religions. I enjoy it and see the very strong links to music.