Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
1st & 2nd Procol Harum albums get Deluxed by Esoteric
Juniors Eyes Battersea Power Station is also being released as a 2 disc set on Esoteric, same bonus tracks as the prev. Sanctuary release. Here is the info for the 2cd / 3cd Procol deluxes  NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1...
Views: 1232   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 21, 2015 5:21am
by painterman
EZine update
Hi, I am aiming to give the potential eZine some attention in late April / May. Thanks to those who have already emailed me. One theme I would like to see covered on an ongoing basis, is memory / oral history, which everyone here can be involved in. I would really l...
Views: 674   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 18, 2015 4:42am
by ghostofsam
Shindig Turmoil
Since yesterday, there has been a lot posted on FaceBook regarding what certainly appears to be an unscrupulous takeover on the part of the magazines publisher Volcano. Nothing has been posted here on RZ2 yet, so I'm sharing a bit of it - this is Andy Morten's statem...
Views: 1397   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 17, 2015 1:16pm
by Gian
International artists that released albums in Britain
Just thought I'd invert the Brits who only issued albums abroad thread, though I would imagine the list, this way round would be infitinely longer! What about Jan & Lorrain's 'Gypsy People' album - no-one seems to know if they were Brits or Americans / Canadians....
Views: 495   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 17, 2015 2:47am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Jackie Lomax
Really enjoyed the 'Lost Soul' set & here's another... Due 04/05...Jackie Lomax – Rare, Unreleased and Live 1965-2012 Jackie Lomax was the lead vocalist and bass player in The Undertakers. The band moved to USA in 1965 and then changed their name to...
Views: 605   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2015 4:08am
by painterman
Crystal Syphon - Elephant Ball
U.S I know, but anyone who bought and enjoyed the Crystal Syphon - 'Family Evil' LP anthology of some of their unissued 60s recordings,as I did should look this upcoming one as well, spanning 1967-69 http://roaratorio.com/uncategorized/crystal-syphon-elephant-ball...
Views: 615   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2015 12:01pm
by stuart robertson
John Renbourn r.i.p.
Very sad news that folk marvel John Renbourn has passed away age 70.....another one from the 60s gone who goes to the big jam upstairs!I think i shall put the album Faro Annie on to pay tribute to a great guitarist who also could play the sitar which he utilised on a...
Views: 555   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 14, 2015 3:49pm
by FrothNinja
Tir Na Nog
Just wanted to say ive been enjoying the first 2 Tir na Nog albums on cd "Tir Na Nog"(71)and "A Tear and a Smile"(72) and released by esoteric,this duo are the dogs bollocks,fab folk with a hippie edge,both excellent albums,i cant take to the third album"Strong in th...
Views: 601   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 14, 2015 3:46pm
by FrothNinja
Daevid Allen
Sorry to read this a couple of days ago. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/arts/music/daevid-allen-guitarist-and-leader-of-gong-and-soft-machine-dies-at-77.html
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 14, 2015 3:44pm
by FrothNinja
Do you spend £150 a day on CDs?
How many flats does it take to house your CD collection? (yes Stuart Robertson, I’m looking at you!!) – find out on 'Collectoholics' tonight (9th April) if you’re in the UK on BBC2 at 7.00pm. As the blurb from the Beeb’s webpage states: &...
Views: 638   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 14, 2015 3:39pm
by FrothNinja
Colour Me Pop vol. 1
Does anyone know how to get a copy of this? I can't find it anywhere.
Views: 804   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 13, 2015 2:44pm
by Kevin Gates
Le Beat Bespoke Vol 6
NEW RELEASE Volume 6, A NUT's production for Detour records featuring rare underground dancefloor fillers from the New Untouchables club scene with bespoke artwork from Pip! Pip! , In this collection arecurrent hits from Dr Robert's DJ set as well as some new discove...
Views: 691   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 13, 2015 1:29pm
by Andy
Tomorrow mono vinyl reissue!
I have always suspected that the entire 60s reissue industry reads and closely monitors RZ, and as if to prove it, hot on the heels of the recent thread on Tomorrow's LP in mono, here is a vinyl reissue of the mono album: http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/tomorro...
Views: 556   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2015 12:02pm
by Austin Osman Hof...
(The)Motowns Italian album(71)
I saw that someone mentioned this UK group who released an album, but NOT in the UK.Well if ive read the liners to this cd reissue right this was issued in 1971 in Italy.First thing i have to say is dont let their name MOTOWNS put you off as it aint Motown styled sou...
Views: 598   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 9, 2015 1:25pm
by Jonas
Psychedelic Archives: UK Pop Sike
Anyone know what this is or was? http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Psychedelic+Archives:+U.K.+Pop+Sike,+Tape+1 I don't know if it's not out yet or alternatively if it came out decades ago and I overlooked it, or it's a collector's CDR home-made comp or w...
Views: 664   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2015 12:17pm
by Paul Martin
Shindig magazine
Apparently Shindig magazine is now being rebranded as Kaleidoscope, with the publisher taking over and the two guys (Jon and Andy) behind the original magazine no longer involved. Don't know quite what direction Kaleidoscope will take, or what will happen to Shindig...
Views: 663   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 9, 2015 6:33am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Sweet Floral Albion e-zine
I have rediscovered an old CDRom I made of the 37 issues of SFA and the lone issue of its would-be successor Laura's Garden. I'm never sure how 'stable' a format a CD Rom is, I have several than won't open anymore on my PC, so I guess I should really print them off....
Views: 1213   Replies: 26
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 9:00am
by Paul Martin
Lots more new stuff
Lots more new stuff- Smiling Men With Bad Reputations (CD) by Mike Heron This is the 1971 solo debut release by Mike Heron of the Incredible String Band. The trademark folk and Celtic style remained intact, but Heron has added his own influences of progre...
Views: 670   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2015 12:27pm
by Paul Clarke
Omega(from Hungary)
Would anyone know which albums or a best of comp sung in English from the Hungarian band Omega are easy to come by? I've listened to the early 70s album 200 Years After The Last War and like it but was interested to know if they released anything earlier in English.
Views: 516   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2015 5:30pm
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Spice(pre uriah heep)
Been listening to the double cd of early and pre Uriah Heep recordings done at Lansdowne Studios and imagatively titled The Lansdowne Tapes released by castle/sanctuary label way back in 2002,what really perks up my ears are the 8 tracks recorded late in 1969 by pre-...
Views: 659   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 1, 2015 3:22pm
by Andy C
Spring - expanded 2 CD
Might be nice! PM Released 25th May on Esoteric Spring - S/T 2xCD expanded edition  A COMPLETE NEWLY REMASTERED & EXPANDED OFFICIAL TWO DISC RELEASE OF SPRING’s CLASSIC 1971 STUDIO ALBUM  WITH ADDITIONAL CD FEATURING 12 BONUS TR...
Views: 576   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2015 4:34pm
by Skip Bifferty
New cds & DVD
Farewell Concert (3DVD) by Cream Details Contains Tony Palmer's original classic films with Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce & Eric Clapton. Cream's Farewell Tour at the Royal Albert Hall (Bonus Features: We're Going Wrong from All My Loving, Layla and Tales of Bra...
Views: 1056   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 26, 2015 3:17pm
by Biff Skipperty
The Sensational Incredible Fantastic and PSYCHEDELIC Osmonds
The Osmonds have very special memories for me, for I am sure that others here on this forum had sisters who thrashed record players to death for week after week with Osmond records. The only difference was that Kittys favorite Osmond was Merrill not Donny. So so...
Views: 749   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 26, 2015 2:07pm
by phil-one-shed
Last minute addition (Italian Psych #12/B)
PIPISTRELLI – Loneliness/Evil ways . A-side is a wonderful psychedelic , dreaming cover from Grand Funk Railroad ; B-side is an excellent cover from Santana . THE PIMPS – Preghiera nel vento is a highly recommended heavy psychedelic song , a little in th...
Views: 722   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 21, 2015 3:23am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Beggars Opera-Waters of Change(72)
Been listening to the Repertoire cd of this album tonight,what a great sound it is!!And what a good album!!A scottish group as well!! This album is one fine prog album awash with mellotron,organ,guitars and good vocals. My picks are: Time Machine-Kicks of the albu...
Views: 489   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2015 4:59am
by painterman
Psychedelia (The Tiny Alice label LP comps) CD box set
Just saw this touted on Spin's website for early March release (see blurb below). No track lists yet, but obviously the first 4 vols will replicate the LPs, the 5th? who knows! I have the LPs and the sleeve art is lovely, so hopefully will be nicely replicated in the...
Views: 2444   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 18, 2015 6:06am
by painterman
Tin Tin/ Quire
Just discovered that Tin Tin released a final single in 1972, or maybe '73 under the name "Quire" that I never ran into before. Has anyone heard this 45? "Strange One b/w Halfway up the Wall." I guess in the UK it was under the name Quire but under the name Tin Tin i...
Views: 651   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 17, 2015 2:59pm
by Gian
Traffic Sound
I just wanted to say that i think this South American group made one of the best psych albums from that area in the excellent"Virgin",this is such a fine album it made me buy the others in the 4th album "Lux" and the third album commonly known as "Tibets Suzettes",th...
Views: 579   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 16, 2015 4:54am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Kidrock / Clover
I came across the British B side to Kidrock's 'Ice Cream Man' called 'Dream Dream Dream' on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPSNTBhuG-E (Published on 2 Aug 2013) 'This the a British group called Clover recording under the name Kidrock, which was suppos...
Views: 1472   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 9:31am
by eggy
Wadda ya listening' to?
What has everyone been listening to? I’ve not done one of these for a while so here’s a good few months worth of my listening: The Pretty Things - Bouquets From A Cloudy Sky box set – discussed at length already The Liberty Bell – Thoug...
Views: 1094   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 7:31am
by painterman
The post - Nash Hollies
I imagine anyone who likes The Hollies will have, as I do, the 2011 EMI issued 'The Clarke, Hicks & Nash Years: The Complete Hollies, April 1963 - October 1968' 6x CD set. This pretty much collates all of their classic 60s era material, though I was never fond of tho...
Views: 601   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 9, 2015 6:36pm
by stuart robertson
The Truth Mod Bedlam 65-69
Mod duo Frank Aiello and Steve Jameson from north London, the latter a Stamford Hill mod alongside Marc Bolan. Managed from 1966 by David Nicolson and Ken Pitt, who also had David Bowie in the stable of artists. • Released seven singles between 1965-1968, sc...
Views: 760   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 7, 2015 7:58am
by Paul Martin
Majority One
Listening to the album by Majority One....i just wanted to say what a fantastic album this is,from the first track"Feedback"with its fuzzed up guitar and catchy chorus,"Rainbow Rocking Chair"is just sublime,a real mellow number,the catchy and beegeeesque"A Cigarette...
Views: 726   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 3, 2015 4:19am
by painterman
Mike Stuart Span LP
Just seent his one flagged up from Anazitisi Records in Greece NICK KARATHANASSIS "ANAZITISI Records" www.anazitisirecords.com PM MIKE STUART SPAN S/T LP ANAZITISI Records ARLP 60-63F British psychedelic legends, known for their well compiled "Childr...
Views: 637   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 27, 2015 1:22am
by Justin
GREAT SCOTS
excellent track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgsZ-L81fn4
Views: 541   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 5:50am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Tomorrow in mono??
Does anyone know if the Tomorrow album has ever been reissued in its original dedicated mono mix? I have both the EMI shell cased CD (1999)and Japanese mini LP card sleeved CD (2001) versions which are both the thin sounding stereo mix dubbed in the 1990s, even thoug...
Views: 3925   Replies: 34
Last Post: Feb 17, 2015 2:30pm
by Doc
Badfinger - Sing For The Song
Does anyone know if the rejected Geoff Elmrick masters recorded by Badfinger at Abbey Road (most of the songs were re-recorded for 'Straight Up') has been issued (legit or otherwise)as 'Sing For The Song'? I see an album of this title on Youtube: https://www.youtu...
Views: 752   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 15, 2015 2:34am
by Paul Martin
Another French pièce de résistance.
I cannot believe that this wonderous single has passed me by for so many years. I find it hard to believe that there are so many compilations featuring so many of the french YeYe singing brigade and this magnificent 45 has been almost completely overlooked. Yet it h...
Views: 2112   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 13, 2015 10:06am
by FrothNinja
Edwards Hand-Rainshine-The Third album
This looks a very interesting future release,description courtesy of Heyday Mail order!!I think this release is going to be released by Dave Wells Wooden Hill label!! Due soon...First-ever issue of Rainshine, the semi-mythical third and final LP from post-Picadill...
Views: 1061   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2015 4:51am
by mark kirk
Larrys Rebels/Ray Columbus
Available from Heyday Mailorder,where this info was taken from: ue soon...A Study In Black – Madrigal Two albums on one CD by New Zealand 1960s Garage/Beat/Psych band Larry's Rebels. In 1967 Larry's Rebels released their first album A Study in Black on...
Views: 771   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2015 6:26pm
by butterflyrobot
Spooky Tooth - Island Years box set
Just saw on Spin - Spooky Tooth 9 x CD box set 1967-74 due end of April @£70. Includes the Art album, all seemingly in card gatefold digi sleevs. There's an 8 LP box as well @ 119 with the CD bonus stuff as downloads. I think I'll go for the CD box. I love ST b...
Views: 773   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 30, 2015 7:19am
by Philippe
Courtyard Music Group
Please support -I just put my order in http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/courtyardmusicgroup-1974-rare-reissue
Views: 762   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 12, 2015 9:28pm
by Stuart Robertson
b
Boris
An update on the last ten years of psych releases?
I've been frozen inside a block of ice for the last ten* years or so, Adam Adamant style. Now that I am back in the real world again, I'm wondering what weird and wonderful rediscoveries in the world of psych I've missed. What are the best comps from the last ten yea...
Views: 705   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 6, 2015 1:05pm
by Boris
Crying Wood(Wallace?)
I've come across an album called Back To The Mountains by Crying Wood. They were a Dutch band and recoded it in 1969 with it being released the following year and apparently only in Canada which seems quite strange . It's fairly easy to listen to it on line but I can...
Views: 1378   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 3, 2015 5:49am
by Mr Wisdom's Who...
Joe Cocker
got got by lung cancer at 70 years young.
Views: 521   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2014 2:38pm
by FrothNinja
Millions lIke Us 4x cd mod revival set
Just received this today. Not played it yet, but it looks great. A compact sized hardback book format with two overlapping discs clipped on the inside of both the front and back covers. The inner booklet is also really nice, written by John Reed. Lots of colour band,...
Views: 596   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2014 10:27am
by Paul Martin
nice prog site
here is a nice prog info site http://members.home.nl/gerser/dutchprog/obscure.htm#Crying Wood
Views: 525   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 19, 2014 1:50pm
by phil-one-shed
Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera Grapefruit edition CD query
Does anyone have the 2013 edition of Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera CD on Grapefruit? I just want to know how it's packaged. Other Grapefruit releases I have are all in jewel cases so I assume this is, though the back cover scan on Amaazon looks like it might be a card...
Views: 569   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 15, 2014 1:50pm
by mr b
Don Fardon-I'm Alive cd(hip pop and swinging beat)
I know im a bit late as this cds been out since 2003 released on the fine RPM label.I just wanted to say i enjoyed this cd immensely,not a poor track to be had,all 18 tracks are from the years 68-69 and theres some really groovy and danceable stuff on here replete w...
Views: 561   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2014 1:48pm
by phil-one-shed
Treacle People Comp
Stuart, I believe you made this wonderful psych/prog crossover comp quite a while ago. Unfortunately, it seems that I've lost the track listing. I know I could probably identify most of these songs and artists but just to be safe would you mind posting the track list...
Views: 818   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 8, 2014 1:59am
by Boris
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28