Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Do you need a degree to become a Sports Therapist?
There is still lots of confusion as to whether or not you need a degree in Sports Therapy either to work as a sports therapist, or to register with the HPC should statutory regulation come into force in the future. The answer is, NO. The most popular route into...
Views: 2376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 11:17am
by Christian
Rules for posting, please read before posting.
This message forum was set up in 2005 to help graduates keep abreast of information and also to allow students to keep in touch. We decided to make the forum public, i.e. not password protected, as we felt it important to show that we, as a company, have a commitm...
Views: 2078   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2006 5:29pm
by Richard
Devathayai Kanden (2005) DVDRip X264 AC-3 E-Subs - Team MG
Devathayai Kanden (2005) DVDRip X264 AC-3 E-Subs - Team MG > http://snipurl.com/2aeqvcg Devathayai Kanden (2005) DVDRip X264 AC-3 E-Subs - Team MG b92c5eb40e jej wysokosc zosia Les Mills: BODYPUMP 84 - Maste...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2016 7:18pm
by rosebberny
Hurt Discography
Hurt Discography > http://tllg.net/y0H254BZA40fom5Ffj2 Hurt Discography, avast inter security 8.0.1483.72 license key for 2050 b92c5eb40e II (2006-200 [edit]. Billboard. Retrieved 23 October 2015. On August 6...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 10:15am
by flogiord
Health insurance covering Sports Massage
Does anyone know of any health insurance which covers sports massage therapy / soft tissue therapy please? I know there are a couple which allow case by case referrals from GPs or Physiotherapists, but I am not sure which. Please help!
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2014 9:52pm
by DurkinSMRT
k
Kirsty
Paid event massage this weekend - 23rd March in Crewe
If you are free on Sunday an extra 2 therapists are needed for an event being held in Crewe, this is paid event work and you will be needed from 11.30am until 5pm. Please email me for details Thanks Kirsty kmcdade@hotmail.co.uk
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2014 10:39pm
by Kirsty
Ethical Dilemmas
Hey, Have a question about "Ethical Dilemmas": Share and discus personal experiences, known stories, unknown stories etc... Have an exam coming up and be good to do a little extra reading
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2014 9:24pm
by Luke Stevens
Work Experience to get me started.
Hello I am currently studying sport and exercise science at Loughborough University and I am in my final year. I have also completed the sports massage therapy diploma (2013), but I am yet to gain some 'hands-on' experience, whether that be voluntary work or paid....
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2014 4:46pm
by Clare Hayes
a
Adam
Need help on these case studies.
I need some help on these case studies we were given to revise from. There are 8 in total, all representing a injury which the patient has suffered, but we are given very vague details which we must ensure we question in the subjective part of the assessment. If some...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2014 3:54pm
by Adam
n
Nick
Post-Grad study
Hi all, I am currently studying Sports Therapy and due to the difficulties of finding a job in this profession my thoughts turn to post graduate courses/degrees (MSc etc.) to enhance my career opportunities and possibilities (basically to boost the cv/skills). I ha...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2013 1:41am
by Nick
Dual Practitioner Opportunity: Sports Therapist & Osteopath
For Your Information: The British School of Osteopathy (BSO) has validated its Masters of Science (MSc) in Osteopathy (pre-registration) course for qualified physiotherapists, chiropractors, sports therapists and medical practitioners. The MSc in Osteopathy (pre-r...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2013 3:55pm
by Shanaz Rahman
Healthcare Professionals Council
I trained at LSSM as a SRMT. I have taken my advanced acupuncture course at the LSO but am not registered with the HPC. A client of mine was told because of this she has to wait some months before being allowed to give blood after having MA. Because we're not under t...
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 3:05pm
by Zeina Clare
CPD/Courses
Post qualification, be it Level 4, 5, 6 or degree which course/cpd has been the most beneficial for your practice, i.e. kinisiology, medical accupuncture, myofascial etc?
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 3:13pm
by Tim Cheshire
Which Membership
Hi. Im trying to choose a membership but dont know which one to choose. I can see the list of benefits for full membership option but cant see anything when i click on the affiliate membership option. Tried to get in contact but no answer. Is there an email address i...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2013 1:44pm
by Mohammed
Spinal manipulation legitimacy?
Hello, I am currently a L3 sports massage therapist (VTCT) and studying L4 sports injuries (VTCT) at the moment. My question is.. Is it possible to take a spinal manipulation course with a L4 sports injuries qualification? There are some courses that I found on the...
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2013 11:03pm
by Luke Doyle
Therapist Equipment for Sale
Hello Everyone, ill health has forced me to close my clinic, therefore I have numerous items for sale, from equipment to books. Happy to sell singularly. Pictures available on request. Any questions please don't hesitate to contact me on my email lyndahumphreyssport...
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2013 8:21pm
by Lynda Humphreys
Room Rates
Hi, There are many ways therapists pay for the hire of rooms, percentage/hourly/weekly etc. What has been the experience of the members regarding costs? Are the rooms fully equipped (towels, tape, rehab equipment etc)? Do you look after your own diary? I am sure t...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2013 1:16pm
by Tim Cheshire
r
Rob
Sports therapist needed
Newark Town FC require a sports therapist for the coming season. This role is voluntary only, but all equipment will be provided. The role will suit experienced therapists or a student who needs to gain the practical experience of dealing with a variety of challenges...
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2013 5:03pm
by Rob
Ankle Sprain
Hi Guys , just thought I'd share this with you , Spoke to a friend today who at the weekend fell over her dog resulting in a Inversion sprain to her ankle , she went to A&E and the foot in question X-rayed, now the foot is very swollen and the bruising is coming out,...
Views: 303   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 2, 2013 10:45am
by Ben Mortlock
touch rugby event in bristol
Hi all Anyone interested in working at the Touch national finals in Bristol on Sat 27th July? £50 plus food payment Bristol are hosting the England National Club (NTS and CTS) Finals. This will see the best 24 club sides from around the UK play-off for...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2013 9:25pm
by Caroline
Industry standards
Hi, Below are extracts from an email received from Soft Tissue Therapy Australia, a PA, like STO. Patients who use Remedial therapists who are suitably qualified are able to claim back a certain value of each treatment from private health companies and Medibank,...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2013 2:10pm
by Tim Cheshire
m
Marv
Athletic Trainer
Good day guys and girls. Just a query really as I have noticed the title Athletic Trainer becoming more prevalent in advertised job opportunities. The role of the Athletic Trainer appears to be exactly the same or very close to that of a Sports Therapist. At least...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2013 6:38pm
by Ben Mortlock
c
Cherry
Ultrasound/Interferential combo unit
Hello there, I'm looking to invest in an ultrasound/interferential combo unit; does anyone have any recommendations? I've used the Chattanooga Intelect Mobile Combo before. Thanks!
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2013 1:11pm
by Cherry
Orthopaedic Assessment of the Shoulders - CPD workshop, BRISTOL
Orthopaedic Assessment of the Shoulders - CPD workshop, BRISTOL. Date: Sunday 14th July, 2013 Venue: Redwood Lodge Hotel & Country Club, Beggar Bush Lane, Failand, Bristol. BS8 3TG To book see www.activehealthgroup.org.uk/ workshops This course will provide a...
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2013 8:52am
by Gina Reinge
Prices
This is an article written by Jing Massage; Wow! Can you imagine a life where every day you get up bursting with enthusiasm to go to work; a life where you can make your own hours; have time to go to that yoga class in the middle of the day; pay yourself a decent sa...
Views: 364   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2013 10:13pm
by Tim Cheshire
o
Oiane
Registration with who?
Hello there, After I wrote my last post I read a bit the CNHC web site and STRC web site, and some bits of some discussions of this forum concerning memberships and registering and I am genuinely confused now.....to my understanding any ST who wants to be recogniz...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2013 2:05pm
by Oiane
o
Oiane
Sports Therapy membership for undergraduates?
Hello there! I am a 2nd year student of ST, and I am trying to get my head into the industry and get some network before I'm thrown "out there" with no experience or idea of what really goes on. I believe that in the CNHC web site I will find a lot of information,...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2013 12:52pm
by Oiane
Finding work
Hi I am currently working and living in Brighton, but the market is so saturated with soft tissue therapists, I am looking to work outside in other area. How do people find the bulk of their work if they wanted to expand into another town? Any advice, many thanks.
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2013 9:10am
by Zeina Clare
k
Kirsty
Paid Event Work - Blackpool 16th June
Hi There is an event running on the 16th June in Blackpool - the organiser would like two more therapists to attend this event. This is paid event work and you will be working along side one other person. Please drop me an email at kmcdade@hotmail.co.uk if you...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2013 2:30pm
by Kirsty
Sports Massage Therapists - part-time permanent work Bristol
We are looking for one, possibly two, sports massage therapists to join our clinic part-time on a self employed basis. The first would cover weekends and the second would cover morning clinics. (This could be one therapist). We are looking for someone who is able to...
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2013 3:19pm
by Gina Reinge
Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation
I completed a BTEC level 5 diploma in Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage in 2010 and have taken subsequent courses in First Aid, Taping & Strapping and Medical Acupuncture. I am now interested in taking this qualification further and am interested in undertaking a...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2013 2:18pm
by Tim Cheshire
k
Kirsty
Paid event work 2nd June
Hi There is an opportunity for another therapist to work at a large cycling event this Sunday in High Peak, Derbyshire This is a paid event - please email me or call me for further details Thanks Kirsty 07885984614
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2013 1:31pm
by gary b
Work opportunity - Bristol
Hi, We are looking for a Sports Therapist to join our clinic towards the end of this year. We would therefore welcome anyone interested to email their CV for us to look at in the first instance. As a minimum we are looking for a Lvl 5 Sports Therapy graduate,...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2013 9:50am
by Gina Reinge
Aldershot FC show Sports Therapist discrimination
I recent seen a vacancy on the UK Sport website for Aldershot FC. Im not sure if im allowed to do this as the following are private emails, but what the hell, the email seemed pretty snobby. They asked for ONLY a CSP physio. -----------------------------------------...
Views: 1263   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 16, 2013 2:59pm
by Wayne Peter
Sports Therapy Massage Courses in London
Hi STO Will you be offering your Sports Therapy Massage course in London in the near future? Thanks
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2013 12:57pm
by Richard Johnson
Qualifications
I have just applied for sports therapist position at a LEVEL 5 rugby union team (at this time I am not sure if they are to go down to a LEVEL 6 league, they finished bottom of the league). 'Currently needed for preseason (2013/14). 2 Physiotherapist or Sports Thera...
Views: 363   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2013 9:49am
by Danny Clayton
k
Kirsty
Paid event work - 23rd June
Hi There is an event running on the 23rd June in Ripon, Yorkshire - the organiser would like one more therapist to attend this event. This is paid event work and you will be working along side one other person. Please drop me an email at kmcdade@hotmail.co.uk i...
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2013 3:55pm
by Kirsty
t
tracy
does my daughter need a degree
Hi I've just discovered your website, when researching sport therapy with my daughter. She is currently at college doing sports and exercise science, and thinking about what next. Have been looking at sport therapy degrees but after looking here and reading some...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 6, 2013 5:04pm
by gary b
SPorts Massage events 18th19th May
Hi All I am looking for a couple of therapists to help out of the weekend of the 18th-19th of may at 2 events in Gloucestershire and the Brecon Beacons. Students are more than welcome to apply to get placement hours signed off.
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2013 1:39pm
by Robert Smith
s
simon
MoD vacancy requires BASRaT membership
Hi Guys, don't know if you have seen this but was curious as to what you thought about the requirements? Cheers, Simon. link: https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTMxNTMzMSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMjA3Jm93bmVyPTUwNTAwMDAmb3duZXJ0eX...
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2013 9:01am
by gary b
Anyone know of a good podiatrist around Bristol?
Hi all. Anyone know of a good podiatrist around Bristol?
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2013 9:28pm
by Gina Reinge
m
Marv
Courses & Workshops for 2013
Hi folks, I am just planning ahead for CPD this year and I am looking for Courses/Workshops that you have been on and thought "That Was Good". It gets more difficult the further we develop to learn/find new things that are actually useful on a day to day basis....
Views: 400   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 28, 2013 9:26pm
by Gina Reinge
s
Stu
Wanted: Sports Therapist
Hi all.. We are looking for a Self Employed Sports Therapist to join us at our Gym, The Fit Locker based in Lymm, Cheshire.. Lymm is a beautiful part of the world and a very affluent area with access to a lot of clients.. There is a niche market here that we a...
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 2:24pm
by Stu
Job Opportunity Bournemouth
WANTED: Sports Massage Therapist Dear Prospective sports massage therapist, First of all, thanks for reading my job post. It's my hope that you have precisely what I need in a sports massage therapist so I can take this ad down immediately and put you to work in t...
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 9:42pm
by gary b
Therapists Required - Paid Event Work 5th & 11th May
I have a couple of places available for paid Therapist work at the following events: - Southwell Pool Sprint Tri, 5th May - Clumber Duathlon, 11th May The Clumber Duathlon is a European Triathlon Union qualifying event so should be busy with serious athletes. Stu...
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 9:29pm
by gary b
l
Lisa
Therapy Expo 2013
Thanks to Richard for allowing us to pop this post on the forum. Therapy Expo 2013 is a dedicated Therapy exhibition & CPD programme running over 2 days on the 13th & 14th September 2013 at Manchester Central. Therapy Expo is for clinic based and independent thera...
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2013 9:53am
by Lisa
k
Kirsty
Paid Event Work
Hi There is an event running on the 12th May in Skipton, Yorkshire, BD23 1UD. The organisor would like one more therapist to attend this event, you will work from around 10.45 am until about 4.30 pm and it is paid. Please drop me an email if you are interested...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 10:40pm
by Kirsty
g
gary b
fatfeet events 40/70/100 miler and 1/2 marathon Aug 2/4 2013
we are once again looking for some therapists to cover these events, please register your interest here, the 40/70/100 miler is a 26 hour event so shift work will be in place, its busy most of the time. this is mentor led and suitable for students and recent graduate...
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2013 11:24am
by gary b
Research
Does anyone know any research articles/journals relating to myofascial release or functional movement screen?
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 9:22pm
by Nichola
Liverpool Spring 10K 5 May Post-race massage
Hello, First-timer on here - I'm Phil, currently enrolled in the AHG Level 5 weekend course. I and at least a couple of guys from my group will be getting in some case study hours at the Liverpool Spring 10K on 5 May. Link is here: http://www.merseyraces.co...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2013 11:44pm
by Phil Macdonald
g
gary b
CPD opportunities for our Scottish and Southern members
Message from the Chair of STO; Hi all, this is an ideal opportunity to take advantage of an exclusive STO discount, I fully intend doing this CPD in the next few months, it was recently attended by the England team physio and Premiership physios, so you will be gett...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2013 9:19am
by gary b
Summer Events 2012 - One Step Beyond
Hi All One Step Beyond are one of the UK major triathlon events providers. Following on from work undertaken with them in 2012, they have agreed for STO to manage the provision of Sports Therapy at all of their 2013 events. The work is chargeable, so experienced T...
Views: 407   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2013 11:56am
by Sam Newell
Paid Event work with Pacesetter Events
Hi All, see below - an e-mail I received from Lynne Roscow regards provision of Sports Therapy at a couple of races organised by Pacesetter Events. To my knowledge, Lynne is no affiliated to STO, but nonetheless, for anyone looking for event work over the summer,...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2013 1:52pm
by Dave Camm
r
Rob
Memberships.
Hello everyone. A simple question really. Would membership to one professional body be ok, as opposed to the 3 i`m with now? NAMMT renewal time is here, but I wonder if the benefit`s worth the cost. I am also registered with the CNHC and STO & SST. How would droppi...
Views: 258   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 1:13pm
by Rob
g
gary b
Cambridge half marathon March 10th
Have received this email from an events organising company; ANY HELP FROM THE CAMBRIDGE AREA please contact PROGRESS DIRECTLY Just been told that Progress who are organising the massage at the Cambridge Half Marathon have only managed to get 13 out of a re...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2013 3:05pm
by gary b
k
Kirsty
Therapist in Staffordshire required
There is a 12 hour run taking place in Catton Park, Staffordshire on the 24th March and the organiser requires one more therapist to help out. If you are free and interested please let me know by sending me an email and I will give you further details including de...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2013 9:38pm
by Kirsty
k
kirsty
Event massage Crewe
Hi everyone We are attending the UCI accredited Cheshire at being held in Crewe on March 24th, we currently have space for two more therapists to attend. There will be a team of approx 10/11 and we will be looking after nearly 3500 riders. If you are free and i...
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2013 9:29pm
by kirsty
CPD - AHG workshops in Bristol
CPD BRISTOL: Quality CPD courses are now available locally in Bristol. First one listed below: Orthopaedic Assessment of the Spine and Pelvis - CPD workshop - Bristol Date: Sunday 28th April, 2013 Venue: Redwood Lodge Hotel & Country Club, Beggar Bush Lane, F...
Views: 170   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 3:35pm
by Gina Reinge
g
gary b
STO official T shirts
We now stock T shirts in S,M,L,XL in colours ranging from bottle green, black, white, pink, orange, powder blue, lime green. Prices are £20 each or 2 for £38 plus postage (£3.00) (£25 if your size is not in stock and has to be ordered including po...
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 6:53pm
by gary b
g
gary b
job opportunity in Leeds
I am posting this request on behalf of an STO member who is seeking an appropriately trained therapist for the following post; An excellent part-time opportunity exists for a professional, reliable and personable Sports Massage Therapist to work at a friendly clin...
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 6:47pm
by gary b
s
Stu
massage couch for sale
White massage/physio/beauty couch, Collapsible, mobile & easy to set up and height adjustable with incline on one end with face hole. Good condition, needs to go ASAP. £50 No offers. Can see pic here: http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/massagephysiobeauty-c...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2013 7:46pm
by Stu
Maitlands peripheral manipulations CD-ROM
Can anyone help , I've lost my copy of the CD-Rom which came with my Maitlands peripheral manipulations book, could anyone get me a copy please
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 8:27am
by Danny Clayton
Sports Therapists - What's the most frustrating part of your day?
I'm looking for information that show how physical therapy practices overcome their biggest challenges. As I've interviewed PT's, I have learned that there are many day-to-day problems that reduce productivity and profit. I’m basically looking for problems...
Views: 488   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 3:09pm
by Christian
Working from home insurance
Hi all Does anyone have experience of setting up insurance so that you can see clients at home? Something like a home worker insurance maybe? I can't find what I need and my home insurance is due for renewal but only officially allows 3 clients a week in house bef...
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 10:06am
by Dave
r
Rob
CPD
Hi everybody, This is my 1st post and it`s on the heavy subject of CPD! Having read the members area documents,and some of the older posts, my question is this; Will both days of the Kensio course count towards my tally? Also, will a Pilates Level 3 instructor cou...
Views: 360   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2012 5:19pm
by Rob
Observations over the last 5 years
My observations from at least the past 5 years: A lot of massage therapists try to fix muscular problems (without the training) A lot of sports massage therapists try to treat sports injuries (without the training) A lot of personal trainers try to treat spo...
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2012 10:44am
by MIchelle Blore
g
gary b
Shoulder rotation problems ?
On 4th august I received my “Rotater” courtesy of @shouldercentric and “@theRotater, contacts made through the social media site “Twitter”. After enduring close to 30 years of shoulder problems, several surgical interventions and a repl...
Views: 847   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2012 2:04pm
by gary b
Imminent Sports Therapy Regulation
I have just heard from a very reputable source that statutory regulation for sports therapy is imminent and that as long as I keep paying my membership fees, I am guaranteed that I will be regulated, even with my diploma! Yipeeeee!
Views: 494   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 18, 2012 10:32am
by Marv
STO training accreditation scheme
I am very pleased to announce that STO now have two new training providers and programmes on our accredited list. The MARJON Bsc (Hons) Sports Therapy programme and the Sports Therapy Foundation Degree run from NESCOT are now both fully accredited by the Sports Th...
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2012 6:27pm
by Richard
m
Marv
CNHC registration
Hi all. I would love to get your feedback on the benefits you have experienced of registration with CNHC or any other company. I am in the process of potentially not renewing mine as I personally am not seeing real tangable/financial benefits that they claim to...
Views: 390   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2012 11:35am
by Dave Camm
Lack of Sports Therapy jobs, full and part time
Hi all, I've been working for myself as a Sports Therapist since 2008 (when I graduated). Have been working for Rugby clubs ever since and full enjoy what I do, in fact I wouldn't change my job for anything...apart from it being full time! I have decided to seek a...
Views: 1023   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2012 6:05pm
by Richard
Treatment couch
I really need a new treatment couch. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks Caroline
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 9:30am
by Caroline
g
gary b
STO Clothing
we will now be offering STO T shirts, and pitchside jackets, shirts are 100% polyester to cope with clinical demands, in a range of 7 colours, first delivery will be available from tomorrow, may take a bit longer to get them online though. follow me on twitter @sport...
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2012 3:47pm
by gary b
m
Marv
Job opp. Leigh
Are you interested in delivering Btec level 2 & 3 in Sport in Leigh. I can't do it as it's a bit far to travel. You will work as part of the scholarship to football clubs. Call Elaine and let her know that you recieved the information from me and she will ch...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2012 5:36pm
by Marv
s
Ste
Clinician study
I am an MSc sports therapy student based at UCLAN in Preston. I am currently studying the uniformity of knee rehabilitation between clinicians and I was wondering if you might be able to fill out an online questionnaire for me. It focuses on knee rehab, specifically...
Views: 304   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2012 9:22pm
by gary b
Taping and Strapping course
Great opportunity to learn from one of FAW's (Football Association of Wales) head physios, Rachel Greenley. For more information follow link or e-mail me at rebecca@bwtherapy.co.uk. Not many places left. http://www.softtissuetherapy.co.uk/index.php/courses
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 10:02pm
by Rebecca Thomas
Sports Therapists Required - One in E14, One in Shoreham
Hi, I treated two people at the Club Relays that expressed an interest in a follow-up appointment. However they are not local to me, so I agreed to put them in touch with an STO Therapist. Ideally, you will be a Level 5 Advanced Sports Therapist comfortable w...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 12:05pm
by Dave Camm
intensive courses
Over the past 10 years I have been hearing the same thing coming from a high profile school in London and that is, intensive courses dont work. Over the past 15 years I have run or taught/assessed on courses in the following format, intensive (worked), evening (di...
Views: 273   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 11:56am
by Dave Camm
National Tri Club Relays - What A Great Weekend
Hi All, The Club Relays were a great success for the STO over the Bank Hoiliday Weekend. We had just two Therapists at the event on Saturday and with 1600 Triathletes, had our work cut out from 8am to 7pm. Sunday was a little easier with three Therapists coverin...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 11:47am
by Dave Camm
OPPORTUNITY - National Tri Club Relays, Nottingham, 25th & 26th Aug
Hi All. If you can make it to the National Watersports Centre, Holmepierrepoint, Nottingham this weekend (Sat 25th or Sunday 26th August), then I have a couple of places left in the STO event team for the National Tri club Relays. This will be an excellent event wi...
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 11:26am
by Dave Camm
k
kirsty
Event work in Blackpool
Hi guys Is anyone free for some event work in Blackpool on Sunday 16th September? If so drop em an email kmcdade@hotmail.co.uk and I will discuss payments Thanks Kirsty
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2012 8:17pm
by kirsty
Sports Massage Level??
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help? How do you find out what level of Sports Massage Therapy you are qualified to? I gained a VTCT Sports Massage Certificate a few years ago now and was looking to take some more advanced courses but i don't know what level is...
Views: 415   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 1:30pm
by Andy
Free course
hi guys hope all is good ? just wondering if i could use the free workshop from my STO membership for the one day soft tissue course in september or any of the other courses? are you planning on doing any kinesio taping courses ? if not who would you suggest to use...
Views: 259   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 10:39am
by lee anderson
Sports massage therapists needed for event
I need Sports Massage therapists to help out at IronMan Wales, a great event, taking place in Tenby 14-16 September. Help is needed on a voluntary basis Sunday 16th September from 4pm until midnight. I can cover reasonable travel expenses. Preferably therapists from...
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 8:56am
by Rebecca Thomas
m
Marv
Personal Trainers advising on injuries
As a Sports Therapist I abide by codes and ethics that I am qualified and insured to treat, rehabilitate and advise on Injuries. Anything I am not qualified to do or feel is out of my depth, it is my responsibility to refer and always put my clients wealfare ahead of...
Views: 425   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 8, 2012 2:40pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
therapy room to rent - high earning potential
Re-Create Fitness Ltd are located in the Beautiful & Affluent Lymm with our 2000 sq ft private Personal Training gym, The Fit Locker. We have a large sports therapy, massage Room available for rent... We already have an established base to market to with also the...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2012 9:31pm
by Stuart
Fitness Instructor Course
Hi I'm enquiring about the fitness instructor course that active health run. How does it work? do you attend classes, is there an intensive or is it over a few months or is it all home work apart from a couple of classes to assess what you have learnt? many thank...
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2012 8:05am
by Tracy Woods
Sports Therapist Needed in the London area
Is there a Sports Therapist who has trained with AHG in the London area? I have an elite distance runner in need of a good therapist. Many thanks. Brian Cole
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2012 3:45pm
by Brian Cole
I want to retrain as a Sports Therapist
For a few years I have been looking for a way out of the Engineering world in which I currently make my living. It has taken a while to work out which direction I wish to go in, but as I’ve always been an active person, I figured going into Sports in some way...
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2012 9:18pm
by gary b
Looking for Personal Trainer
Hello We have a new fitness centre in Rotherham and are looking for a Personal Trainer who can take group functional training classes. Any one interested please email me on tracy@remedialtherapy.net giving qualifications, experience, etc. thank you
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2012 12:38pm
by Tracy Woods
Magnesium oil - Is it useful?
I have had a few new clients lately that have been advised elsewhere that Magnesium oil rubbed into the skin is a useful way of treating and managing injuries through its anti-inflammatory properties. I have had a brief search for research into its benefits but al...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2012 8:53am
by Marv Dukes
g
gary b
ACTIVE HEALTH GRADUATE NEAR STEVENAGE ??
I need an AHG graduate in Stevenage for an ultra runner with recurring injuries, any takers send your details to me by email please regards GARY
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2012 9:50pm
by gary b
g
gary b
Ultra Marathon 40, 70 and 105 miles July 13th 2012 Grimsthorpe , Lincs
Hi everyone, Last year I assisted at the above event with the great assistance of Mark Taylor MSTO and we had a great time helping these ultra athletes achieve their extreme personal goals. I worked constantly for around 21 hours and this year I woud like to take a...
Views: 442   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 14, 2012 2:51pm
by gary b
Journal of Sports Therapy
Hi to all. I attended the launch day of the Journal of Sports Therapy website. It is headed up by Keith Ward (Hands on Sports Therapy) amongst others. The hope is to create a place for Sports Therapits to access the latest research for free and to also to be ab...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2012 2:20pm
by Marv Dukes
Spam Alert!
We’re getting reports again that people are being inundated with spam, allegedly coming from us. These emails are not coming from us! There are Chinese and Russian spammers who abuses our domain name and send out messages that claim to come from us by u...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 2:09pm
by Richard
k
Kirsty
Paid event work at the Adidas 24 hour run, Staffordshire 28th and 29th July
We have a couple of spaces available at the 24hour Adidas run held in Catton Park in Staffordshire on the 28th and 29th July. If you are free for one or both of the days then drop me an email and I will provide all details about the event Thanks Kirsty kmcd...
Views: 347   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2012 1:26pm
by mark ralphs
g
gary b
work opportunity Nottingham, 1st July Outlaw Ironman
Nottingham Outlaw Ironman Triathlon, require 15 therapists 2pm to 11pm on 1st July, own couch and oils required, £50 expenses paid, suitable for students wishing to fulfill case study hours. leave names on this thread if interested. work will be mainly leg m...
Views: 477   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 1, 2012 7:54pm
by gary b
STO Membership
Hi all I've still not received any form of certification for my STO membership , I'll hopefully get over to see you guys soon to do some CPD's, what courses are available with my membership currently ?? I thought i better send a separate post as my last one was littl...
Views: 403   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 26, 2012 8:40pm
by Lee Anderson
c
Cassie
STO Logo
Hi guys Can someone please email me a copy of the STO logo, which can be used on a website and advertisement material? I have tried emailing STO and contact on Twitter but I haven't had any response. Thanks
Views: 233   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2012 9:08pm
by Richard
Chronic Groin pain.
Hi Guys , I'm hoping for a little advice on my ongoing groin pain, at the end of last season during cup semi-final i had to come off with 10 minutes to go as my right groin was far to painful to carry on, the next day i had soreness in the adductors/Lower abdominals...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2012 5:27pm
by Gina Reinge
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet